- now Halloween is over, we're officially allowed to be excited for Christmas... and lets be honest, aside from the momentary interest in fancy dress and sweet treats, Halloween is just a big pile of let down anyway.
- only a month until its socially acceptable to put up your Christmas decs - that means we can now start the unhealthy obsession with buying reindeer-shaped decorations and the like, that cost a small fortune but only see the light of day for a month each year. Yuussss! Why do I sound so bitter?! I friggin' love buying overpriced decorations.
- the weather has turned, its cold... time to dig out scarves and hats. Life is infinitely better with knitwear.
- bonfire night provides the perfect opportunity to wear said knitwear. Remember remember the fifth of November...
- shops start to sell festive sandwiches. M&S I'm looking at you... come on now. Turkey and stuffing sandwiches, get in my belly.
- the outside world becomes instantly prettier and more instagrammable.
- granted, Christmas is still yonks away, but we can begin the countdown to the 1st of December. Yup, advent calendars. One teeny piece of chocolate a day to help the festive cheer!
- dieting fades into insignificance as the unavoidable Christmas plumpness fast approaches. Might as well give up now and submit to two-month-long snacking. You need to prepare your stomach for the onslaught of food in December after all.
- roaring open fires - if not in your own home, then in cosy pubs. In fact, that's where I'm off to now. Toodles!
Did you see my Paris photos yesterday?